For a decadent and intense chocolate hit, this raw Dark Chocolate & Walnut Fudge fits the bill. I love to stud the smooth and creamy fudge with crunchy walnut pieces for textural interest. But feel free to add any nut you like.
The chocolate element of the fudge comes from raw cacao powder. It has to be one of my all-time favourite ingredients, not only because it tastes amazing but in its raw state it also provides a range of health benefits.
In addition to providing high levels of magnesium and antioxidants, raw cacao also contains feel-good chemicals anandamide and phenethylamine. Just make sure you’re eating it in its raw state and it really can make you happy!
Dark Chocolate & Walnut Fudge
Serves: 12 pieces
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons tahini or a smooth nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- Line a 10 x 16 cm container with baking paper or cling film.
- Mix the cacao powder, melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, tahini, vanilla extract and salt together in a bowl until smooth and well combined. Stir through the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared container and even out the surface with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge for an hour or so to set.
- Once set, remove from the container and cut into pieces.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
I use an Australian 20ml tablespoon. 1 x 20ml tablespoon = 4 teaspoons.
You might also like my Raw Blondie Fudge.